Sunday, January 11, 2015

Je Suis Charlie

Today we visited the Rembrandt exhibition at the National Gallery. When we came out there was a large gathering of people in Trafalgar Square, demonstrating unity with the people who were murdered in France last week. There was a quiet, subdued atmosphere and many held up banners or mobile phones displaying the words 'Je Suis Charlie'. Some people held up pens or notebooks. The Prof left his pen with other tributes there and we stayed for a while before making our way home. We didn't know beforehand that this was happening today, but I'm glad we were there.






2 comments:

  1. Your photos depict the powerful statement of the peaceful protest. I think I would have been very moved if I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was moving, Elizabeth and I'm really glad we were part of it in a small way.

      Delete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!