Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Onward and Downward

This is me, a couple of weeks ago. It's not the most unflattering picture I've got (as I'm putting it on the internet!) but this is one I'm going with as a 'before' picture. 

We joined Slimming World last week. I don't get on the scales very often, but every few months when I do, invariably another few pounds have gone on. It's a slow inexorable upward trend and I finally came to the point when enough was enough. 

We have a fridge full of veggies, lean meats and low fat yogurts, two very full fruit bowls and bagfuls of motivation. We missed weigh in on Saturday as our poor doggie was very unwell and we had to take her to the vet (she's ok now, but we have to keep a very close eye on her for the foreseeable future). According to my scales at home I have lost 5lbs.

We're finding the plan surprisingly easy, so far.  I even managed to have a meal out with the Young Philosopher at Pizza Express and stayed on plan. We have a few events coming up in the next few weeks that I am a little worried about, but I'm hoping we can plan for them and still lose weight. 

Discovery of the week: Mullerlight coconut and lime yoghurt with raspberries added to it is one of the nicest things I have tasted in a long time! 

1 comment:

  1. Have fun! My mr and I have been on a health kick since mid March. I've lost weight and my cholesterol is much better! I would love to read your progress along the way :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!