52 Photos Project Week 10: Release
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
52 Photos Project Week 9: Summer Colours
I struggled a bit with this prompt. I haven't bought any summer bedding plants for the garden yet, and there is little colour out there. This is (I think) aubretia, my Mum gave me some from her garden years ago, and it grows very happily along my side fence.
I am late getting plants in this year. I put some sweet peas in a few weeks ago, that was a bit late too, and they don't seem to be doing too well. The ones in a pot in the back garden look okay, but some that I planted along the wall by the front door look very sickly, not helped I think by the cat that keeps using the area as a toilet. I have sprinkled chilli powder out there this morning, hopefully that might keep it away. Nothing against cats, just wish they would use their own garden, not mine.
Summer is a long time coming this year. The weather has been so bad for so long, I lose all garden enthusiasm. Then we have a sunny day like today and I long to have pretty flowers all around. No sooner has that feeling taken hold, than the skies cloud over, it rains solidly for another week and I go off the idea! Speaking of grey skies, I have just glanced up and the clouds are looking ominous again. Sigh.
Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for a trip to the garden centre soon and there will be more summer colours in my garden very soon!
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
This I Know
I know that I am loved
I know it's hard to bloom where you are planted
I know there will always be something missing now she's gone
I know the decision to home educate was one of my best
I know the most value for money I ever had is for the £23.50 to that dating site
I know the best things in life aren't things
This I Don't Know
I don't know if I made the right decisions
I don't know how I will ever get this house the way I want it
I don't know how to do long division any more
I don't know when I will be well
I don't know if I will ever live nearer to the countryside I love
I don't know how to stop dreaming
inspired by Susannah and Briana
photo by the Prof
Friday, June 08, 2012
Last month you may remember I kept my Parade of Adventures small, and what do you know? I almost did them all.
- Take lots of photographs yes, especially on our little holiday in Hay-on-Wye.
- Write more mm..well I blogged more than usual, and Jen and have started writing again at Notes Across the Sea.
- Buy jeans not surprisingly, fail. Me and shopping are never going to be friends! I have spent a lifetime managing as long as possible without things I need, rather than go to the shops. I felt guilty the other day when the Prof said to me that he misses having a little stroll around the shops, like he used to sometimes on a Saturday before we met. I guess I will have to make an effort.
- Write a letter I am glad I only set myself the task of writing one, because that is all I managed - I wrote a card to the lovely Sara, while I was waiting for the Prof to make a dibber.
I have been thinking about this post for a day or two, and then I read Rebecca's Summer Bucket List and decided that instead of my usual monthly list, I would think of lots of lovely things (plus buying jeans!) that I would like to do during the summer months.
- Spend a day at the beach with the Young Philosopher.
- Buy and plant up some tomato plants, and some annuals for summer colour in the garden. Maybe some red, white and blue for the Olympics.
- Watch series 3 of Lark Rise to Candleford, probably while drinking tea and knitting. I know how to live.
- Paint the front and back doorsteps, and the garden bench. This counts as fun, I like painting!
- Spend a couple of mornings wandering around the shops with the Prof (do I get some wifely brownie points? Or just the jeans?)
- Have a picnic.
- Learn a bit about my new camera. I am still using it like a point and shoot.
- Get out on my own once a week and do something.
That's nine there. I can't think of another thing to make a nice round list of ten. I am happy to accept suggestions!
Do you know what you'll do this summer?