Friday, February 10, 2012

Current time: Friday afternoon, 1.20pm

In my mug: coffee

In my belly: nothing. CFS is rearing its ugly head at the moment, I slept 12 hours last night, have only been up an hour and feel exhausted. Toast and strawberry jam shortly. 


In my ears: Adele. I got 21 for Christmas, and have recently treated myself to 19. We're listening to her a lot in the car. 

 
Out the window: watery sunshine and a little snow here and there. The snow from last week hasn't entirely melted yet, and we had a bit more last night, too.


On the editor: nothing. Photography Mojo has run away with Blogging Mojo. They disappeared together at the beginning of the year. Occasionally they send me a postcard, but I'm not sure when they will be back. 

Last watched: Spamalot, at the theatre last night.


Feeling good about: the latest copy of Mollie Makes magazine, which I am going to enjoy with my coffee in a moment.

Feeling bad about:  my health, and it getting in the way of what I want to do. Someone said to me once having CFS is like standing on the river bank and watching everyone else's life go sailing by. I'd go along with that. 


By my bedside: Stephen King, 11.22.63, which is dauntingly enormous, and You Don't Need Another Self Help Book, a book of poems by Sarah Salway. 

Making me think: sometimes I find it's better not to.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, what a lovely, warm hearted blog! I knew I'd enjoy it as soon as I read about the knitted dishcloths - practical and slightly mad at the same time! I'll put it on my To Do list x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Molliie Makes - so sorry I can't get it easily in New Zealand - many, many cravings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping into Cupcake Towers. Visitors always welcome. I've been playing my Christmas CD (Civil Wars) in the car at full volume. Downside is I can't sleep because it continues to play in my head all night!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!