Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb10: Two in One

Playing catch-up here, so two-in-one today.

Reverb10 Day 14, prompt by Victoria Klein
Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

In the past year I have come to appreciate many things.

  • How clean my kitchen stays now that the Young Philosopher is away at University. Conversely, how nice it was when he lived at home and used to clean up the garden after the dog every day, instead of me having to do it.
  • The joy of being able to burrow back under the covers for a while when the Dusty Professor leaves for work in the mornings.
  • Being able to rest when I need to.
  • The lovely Essex and Kent countryside, which I didn't see much of before the Dusty Professor moved in, as I don't drive. Now we often spend our weekends driving around in the pretty.
  • How lovely it is to look forward to someone coming home to me every evening.

And Day 15, prompt by Patti Digh
Five minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most remember about 2010.

Okay....here goes.
  • That I didn't have to work this year.
  • Being on set to watch the Dusty Professor do some film work for Channel 4. Yes, dressed as an Anglo-Saxon monk.
  • The Young Philosopher dyeing his hair several times- orange, green, blonde, blue.
  • A lovely weekend just me and the DP in Hay on Wye. Bookshops and beautiful countryside. Wonderful.

  • The DP asking me to marry him in the ruins of Skenfrith Castle, Wales.

  • Taking the YP to university for the first time, Getting used to him not being at home.
  • Learning to make tablet weave, and to use a drop spindle.
  • Taking part in Mondo Beyondo and Dream Lab.
  • Failing dismally to cope with learning to crochet. I was the dunce in the class.
  • The DP icing little cakes for our anniversary.

  • Weekend visits from the YP. So nice to have him home, even if his hair is like a parrot's feathers.
  • Rediscovering writing and discovering an interest in photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!