Monday, January 03, 2011

43 Things to do while I am 43


Following on from what I said about not making resolutions, here is my list of things I actually want to do this year. As I achieved that magic number myself on January 1st, here is my list of 43 things to do while I am 43. All things that I am going to enjoy doing!

  1. See an Imax film
  2. Learn to crochet and make something
  3. Get married!
  4. Organise my digital photographs
  5. Organise my old photos
  6. Take a writing course
  7. Pass ECDL Level Two
  8. Have a colour analysis consultation
  9. Paint the garden bench
  10. Take part in an online photography course or challenge
  11. Do archery again
  12. Make a birthday cake
  13. Renew my passport
  14. Go abroad for a holiday
  15. Put a piece of my writing (other than the blog) online
  16. Knit a flower brooch
  17. Knit 10 dishcloths, enough that I don't need to buy them anymore.
  18. Make a pair of earrings
  19. Visit the Tate Modern
  20. Visit 5 places in London I have not been to before
  21. Go on a walk with London Walks
  22. Go out with the Dusty Professor for proper London pie, mash and liquor
  23. Take part in 30 days of yoga
  24. Get a dining table and have people over for dinner!
  25. Have a picnic at the ruins of Hadleigh Castle
  26. Sort out and organise the house
  27. Sort out and organise the loft and shed
  28. Send some parcels of little goodies to certain people
  29. Try 10 new recipes
  30. Send the Young Philosopher's baby blankets here
  31. Keep a record of the books I read
  32. Keep a record of the meals I make
  33. Take part in Susannah Conway's unravelling course
  34. Write real letters
  35. Find and buy a pair of shoes (not boots or sandals) that are actually comfortable
  36. Work my way through Part One of my BBC French course, or at least some of it!
  37. Learn more about how to use the features on my camera
  38. Join a Tai Chi class
  39. Attend a traditional craft workshop
  40. Do some Saxon-style embroidery
  41. Have a boot sale
  42. Sell some books and DVDs on Amazon/ebay
  43. Have a weekend away with the proceeds

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it'll be a busy but fun year! Hope you manage everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, this is a great list. I like the mix of practical and creative!
    I hope you'll let us know how you get on x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, lovely list. Looking forward to hearing about the 5 places in London that you haven't been to before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm a New Year's Eve baby myself. I always feel so driven to set goals for the new year, as it's starting anew for everyone and for me at the same time. Seems like you have some of that too. I also set 31 for my 31st year. :) Blessings on your new year and can't wait to hear about the journey!!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!